|Physical Education :|
Areas of Interest :
Contact Details :
Head & Associate Professor
M.P.ed, Diploma in Swimming, and Water polo Specialise
Physical Education (Swimming, and Water Polo)
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
*Participated in world swimming clinic at Chicago, Illinois, 3-8 Sep 1991, USA
* Participated in national seminar “Roll of Women In India” Kamla Nehru College, Phagwara 17-18 Dec 1999
*Participated in seminar on admission in Concordia University USA organized by SGL Garha, Jalandhar,3 Dec 2000
*Participated in seminar “Roll of namdhari in india society” held at Bhani saab, Ludhiana,may 8-9 2001
*Participated in seminar on “Relationship of labour laws to meet WTO challenges” held at GNDU Regional campus Jalanadhar on 11-12 march, 2006
*More than twenty personality features Articles published in various news papers
*Article published in souvenir on “Endurance training program for swimmers on land” in 16th Junior National Aquatic Championship, 20-24 Aug 1989, Ludhiana
*Article published in souvenir on “Muscular endurance program for swimmers” in 19th Junior Punjab Swimming and Waterpolo Championship, 11-13 june 1993, jalandhar
*Article published in souvenir on “Need to encourage swimming in rural areas” in 15th sub junior and 25th junior National Aquatic championship, 18-23 September 1998, Ludhiana
* Article published in souvenir on “What swimming coaches need to be successful?” in 29th junior punjab state swimming and waterpolo championship, 4-6 June 2004, Amritsar
* Article published in souvenir on “Prevention of shoulder pain among swimmers in” in 32nd junior and 23rd sub junior punjab state swimming and waterpolo championship, 8-10 June 2007, Amritsar
* Article published in souvenir on “Positive attitude matters in sports” in 38th punjab state and waterpolo championship for men and women, 31Aug-2Sep 2007, Jalandhar
* Article published in souvenir on “Importance of drills in competitive swimming” in A.S. Brar Memorial 35th Junior national aquatic championship, 31 Aug -4 Sep 2008, GNDU Amritsar
* A research paper published on “Aquatic Sports and Physiotherapy: Assessing the Levels of Awareness” in Journal of health and Fitness Vol.1No.1, January-June, 2009 by The official organ of Indian Association of Health and Fitness
* Article published in souvenir on the topic: All Weather Pool: Need of Time in Punjab State Junior Swimming And Waterpolo (boys and girls) championship at Meher Chand Polytechnic College, Jalandhar (July 8-10, 2011).
*Attended a six week WATERPOLO refresher (specialized course) under USSR Coach held at Netaji Subhas National Institute of sports Patiala from 5 June to 17 July 1987
*Attended General Orientation Course Organized by Academic Staff College GNDU Amritsar from 12Dec 1990 to 8 Jan 1991
*Attended Refresher Course in Physical Education Course Organized by Academic Staff College GNDU Amritsar with collaboration Department of Physical education from 1-21 Feb 1996
* Attended Refresher Course in Physical Education Course Organized by Academic Staff College GNDU Amritsar with collaboration Department of Physical education from 15 Sep to 5 Oct 1999
*Attended Refresher Course in Physical Education Course Organized by Academic Staff College Himachal Pradesh University Shimla held from 14 May to 2 June 2001
*Attended NSS Training and Orientation course organized by Ministry of Culture, Youth Affairs and Sports held at GNDU Amritsar from 20 Sep to 29 Sep 2003
*Nominated as Contingent Leader, Program officer for special adventure course of NSS Volunteers for Punjab at WHMI Hatkoti Shimla (24 May to 2 June)
*Worked as a teacher in charge of the Contingent of All India –University Youth Leadership Camp organized by G.N.D.U. sponsored by AIU held at Dalhousie(Aug 7 to 11,2012).
*Delivered a lecture entitled Youth and Sports in the Modern Olympic games in All India Inter-University Youth Leadership Camp at Dalhousie (Aug 10, 2012).
*Officiated chief Stroke Judge in senior Judge in Senior National Aquatic Championship held at Calcutta, 1988
*Appointed as an observer for rural National Championship held at Chandigarh by NIS, Patiala, 1988
*Technical officials of Third SAF games held at Calcutta, 1989
*Officiated as waterpolo referee in Junior National Championship held at Ludhiana, 1989
*Technical official of Dr. Ambedkar Regional Engineering College (REC), Jalandhar for 1991-2000
*Officiated as a technical official in Junior National Championship held at Ludhiana, 1998
*Officiated as a stroke Judge/Time Keeper in All India Police Games held at Jalandhar, 1998
*Referee of Punjab Technical University Athletic Meet held at Jalandhar for 1999-2000
*Press Secretary of All India Major Bindra Gold Cup Organized by Olympian and international Hockey society, Jalandhar Cant. For 1985, 86, 87
*Officiated as chief stroke Judge in 29th junior Punjab state swimming and waterpolo championship, 4-6 June 2004, Amritsar
* Officiated as chief stroke Judge 32nd junior and 23rd sub junior Punjab state swimming and waterpolo championship,8-10 June 2007,Amritsar
* Officiated as chief stroke judge Punjab state and waterpolo championship for men and women, 31Aug-2Sep 2007, Jalandhar
* Officiated as chief stroke judge in A.S. Brar Memorial 35th junior national aquatic championship, 31 Aug -4 Sep 2008, GNDU Amritsar
*Technical Official and member of Surjit Hockey Tournament
*Worked as Liaison Officer in 5th Indira Gandhi Gold Cup International Women’s Hockey Tournament held at Astro Turf Hockey stadium, GNDU, Amritsar, 8-14 January 1994
*Officiated as a chief time keeper/stoke judge in inter college GNDU swimming and waterpolo tournament 1989-2010
*Observer of PTU swimming inter college champioship 2007, 08, 09
*Acted as chief time keeper in inter-college GNDU Swimming and waterpolo championship held at Amritsar
*Nominated as member of Punjab selection Committee to search the talent for swimming sports wing in junior and senior level by sport department, Chandigarh (2010).
*Nominated as Co-chairman of Punjab Selection Committee in swimming to select the swimmers (sports wing by Director sports Chandigarh for colleges)(2011).
*Officiated as a Chief Stock judge in junior Punjab state championship held at Jalandhar (July-8-10, 2011).
* Officiated as a Chief Time Keeper in inter college swimming competition held at GNDU Amritsar (sept29-30, 2011).
*Nominated as Swimming Observer in PTU inter college swimming men/women tournament held at IET Bhaddal (Aug.24-25, 2011).
* Nominated as Swimming Observer in PTU inter college swimming men/women tournament held at GNE Ludhiana (Aug.23, 2013).
*Secretary of GNDU Swimming and waterpolo selection committee, 2013.
*Referee of the Inter-college Aquatics GNDU meet, 2013.
*Chief stroke judge of North zone swimming meet held at C.T.public school, Jalandhar from 25-28/09/2013.
*Referee of the meet of GNDU and secretary of selection committee from 2013-2016.
*Referee of meet of school Punjab at Jalandhar 2015-2016.
4. Coach cum Manager of GNDU Swimming and Waterpolo team which won Gold medal in All India inter-university and swimming events held at Amritsar, 2013.
*Represented INDIA in swimming world master games held at Portland, Oregon USA, August 9-22, 1998
*Represented INDIA in swimming world master games held at Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, July 22-27, 2005
*Best swimmer of junior Punjab, 1976
*Best swimmer of GNDU for year 1977, 78,79,80,82.
*Best swimmer All India Inter University held at Trivandrum in 1979
*Best Swimmer All India Inter University held at Calcutta in 1980
* Best swimmer Punjab state senior championship held at at Amritsar, 1982
*Participated in Senior National Championship from 1976to 1982
*GNDU Swimming team 1977
*GNDU waterpolo team 1978
*Punjab swimming and waterpolo team 1978
*GNDU Swimming and waterpolo team in 1989
*1500 Mt freestyle GNDU,Amritsar
*400 Mt freestyle GNDU, Amritsar
*200 Mt Individual Medely, GNDU,Amritsar
*200Mt Butterfly, GNDU, Amritsar
*200 Mt Junior Punjab Swimming championship
*1500 Mt Senior Punjab Championship
*200 Mt IM Senior Punjab Championship
*D.A.V. College, Amritsar 1976
*Khalsa College, Amritsar, 1977
*Punjab Colour in 1978
*GNDU Campus Colour, 1980
*Roll of Honour, Khalsa College, Amritsar
*GNDU colour, Amritsar, 1980
*Swimming coaches institute, New Delhi, 1991
*Punjab Swimming Association, Ludhiana, 1991
*International Indira Gandhi Gold Cup Society, Amritsar, 1994
*Olympian International hockey society, 1995
*Rotary club, Amritsar, 1996
*District swimming association, Jalandhar, 1997
*District swimming association, Ropar, 1997
*REC Jalandhar, 1997
*Pride of Amritsar by district swimming association, 2007
*Award of Honor by district swimming association, Jalandhar, 2009
*Award of Honor by district swimming association, Sangrur, 2009
*Appreciation award for Voluntary Blood Donation by Civil Surgeon, Medical Superintendent and Pahal (NGO) Jalandhar 2010
*Award of honor by Maharaja Ranjit Singh Hockey society Amritsar for valuable contribution to the society (2010)
*Guest of honor at B.D.Arya Girls College,Jalandhar cant.(10 Feb,2010)
13. Radio talk on All India Radio, Jalandhar (Dec 09, 2013)
Worked as a program officer in NSS from 2003 to till date at GNDU College Jalandhar.
Completed NSS training and orientation course Ministry of Culture and youth affairs and sports, at Punjabi University Patiala in 2003.
Contingent leader of Punjab in special adventurous course (Trekking, Camping, Jungle craft, Survival, Leadership and white water rafting) on monitoring organized by ministry of youth affairs and sports at Himachal Pradesh in 2010.
1) Work on HIV AIDS under Red Ribbon Club
2) Work on Environment Protection
3) Organized Blood donation camp
4) Organized Anti-Tobacco Day
5) Work on De-Addiction
6) Work on Dowry System
7) Work on human Rights
8) Organized camp at pingalwara
9) Celebrated various festivals
10) Work on female feticide
11) Work on global warming
12)Trained youth for youth leadership camp
13) Independence day celebration
14) Women Empowerment
15) Organized yoga camps
16) Celebrated Health Day(On Diet)